Friday, June 20, 2008

Mont Ventoux Screwballs

A bit late with this but we are now mad busy! Two weeks ago was La Ventoux Beaumes de Venise Cyclosportive. 175km, 3200m of ascent, over 1000 starters in both the Master and Senior events. Considering I'm still a 80 kilo lardy I should be pleased with my classification of 45 in a time of 6h 21m. Bizarrely 3 minutes slower than my 2005 time when I didn't even scrape into the top 100??????

Last week was great. On Thursday I rode (for the first time officially, even though I've done it twice bfore) The Cinglé du Mont Ventoux Challenge. I rode this with a top bloke called Guy Wilson Roberts who writes for http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/ . We rode steadily all day with a nice lunch stop and plenty of photo stops. Total ride time about 7.5 hours.

Good training for La Marmotte in 2 weeks time which I'm dreading.

No comments: