Monday, June 2, 2008

St Tropez!!!

I did L'Epervier Cyclosportive yesterday down near St Tropez. I can thoroughly recommend this to anybody. Drop the missus off on the beach in St Trop and go an kill yourself for 6 hours in the hills above the Cote d'Azur!!! Anyway, yesterday we set off at an amazing pace. What a feeling riding along that beautiful coasline to the west of St Tropez in a bunch of 60 at 45kmh! On the second climb of the day I got dropped and about 10 riders went off into the distance. Then a nice "laughing group" formed of about 20. On the third climb we were all plodding along nicely when a chap in pink kit decided to up the pace on the front - groans all round - I hate you! Just 2km/h above most of the group's comfort zone. 5 more off the front, dropped again So I plodded round with the remaining group and had a go off the front with about 20km to go. I managed to stay away then with about 2km to go I saw a chap in pink up ahead suffering. I caught him, passed him and he sat on my wheel. With about 200m to go he tried to get round me. No way - not after the mayhem you caused 3 hours ago!!! Bliss

179km, 5h 31m, 17th overall - very pleased.

No comments: